I’m not going to lie, cooking for our household can get a little or a lot complicated. Sometimes it feels like I should just give up and go with that meme where they’re serving someone with all the dietary requirements either air or ice. However, as that is not an option if we want to survive, I have to come up with new dishes that are both delicious and meet the following requirements; vegetarian, gluten free, slimming/diet friendly AND low fodmap which means no things like onion or garlic! Yeah… see the appeal of ice and air?! However, it is possible and with a little imagination and adaptation, anything is achievable. Eggs are a great way for vegetarians to get some protein in their diet and are also slimming and so they are a great foundation for the main element of a dish. So here is my syn free, vegetarian, low fodmap Brie and Herb Frittata which we honestly just can’t stop eating, which is good because it is perfect for summer! Ready in just 15 minutes it’s a quick and easy recipe for anyone to try!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
2 Large Potatoes, peeled and chopped
150g Brie, sliced
Handful of Basil, chopped
Handful of Chives, chopped
Handful of Parsley, chopped
Olive Oil/ Fry-Lite
Salt and Pepper
- Pop a pan of water with a little salt on to boil and when it begins to bubble, pop in the chopped potatoes (bite-size) to cook for 5 minutes and then drain.
- In a large frying pan, pop a drizzle of olive oil or a spray of fry-lite and add the potatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the bag of spinach and cook until wilted.
- Whilst it’s wilting, in a jug, mix the eggs and herbs as well as a hearty dose of salt and pepper. Then, once the spinach has wilted and mixed with the potato, pour the egg and herb mix over the top.
- Make sure the egg mix is evenly spread, then immediately place the slices of brie on the top and cook until the egg has cooked. I then popped mine under the grill, still in the frying pan, for 3 minutes just to crisp and brown the top.
- Run a spatula around the edge of the pan and if cooked, it should slide right out onto a chopping board. I served this with a delicious, crisp salad.
So there you have my Brie and Herb Frittata which really is one of my favourite diet inclusive recipes that is also slimming to add to your list of vegetarian slimming world recipes.
For those following the Slimming World diet, this is completely free as 40g of Brie counts as one of your healthy extras and if you use fry-lite that makes a whole quarter of this completely SYN FREE! For those with a low fodmap, gluten free or vegetarian diet, this is such a quick and easy 15 minute cook that you will want to have it every night of the week!