I’m fairly sure that I have spent about 90% of my life on a diet… just the way it goes I guess but rest assured I am always at least trying to do something about being healthier. In the mornings, I will freely admit, I am terrible at having breakfast. It just isn’t on my agenda. With the added school runs now, I am so focused on making sure Alyssa gets out of the door having been fed and watered, looking neat and with everything she should have, that I often forget about me. However, at the weekends, I do like to do us a little treat. One of her favourite breakfasts is pancakes with strawberries and jam – not crepe ones but fluffy American pancakes and I am not going to lie, but I love them too. Now obviously as a one off treat it’s not too bad, but I’d still like to avoid empty calories if I can. This recipe for Slimming American Style Pancakes, is great for anyone following the Slimming World diet. It is quick, easy, only has two ingredients, if you don’t include the toppings and is completely syn free.
Ingredients (makes 4-6 pancakes)
Topping of your choice – I chose a handful of blueberries and “syned” 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with some Fry-Lite Spray oil (butter or sunflower flavour best)
2. While it is heating, peel the bananas and put in a bowl and mash them until smooth. Crack and add all the eggs and whisk together until you have a batter.
3. Transfer the mixture into a jug (or if you are really clever use a ladle) and then pour the batter directly onto the frying pan – it should pour into roundish pancake shapes and be quite thick.
4. Leave to cook on that side, gently pulling at the edges with a spatula for a approx 2-3 minutes.
5. When you think the underside has set, flip each pancake over and allow the new underside to cook. If you prefer more colour to your pancakes, continue to flip over until you reach your desired colour (I like mine golden!)
6. Pop the pancakes in a stack on a plate – in my case pop the blueberries on the plate and drizzle the maple syrup over….