*This is a collaborative post.
Now most people get part way through autumn and they have had enough of all the falling leaves, shades of brown, rain and cold and are looking forward to winter even less. It’s not like we even get snow really in England to make winter worthwhile and when we do, even a millimeter of it seems to halt the entire nation and send them into a blind panic of buying enough food supplies to see out the whole of winter! Now, I would love some winter sunshine and in fact this year and fortunate enough to be heading off for a glorious week in Tenerife in mid-November. However, if this were December and I was looking to go away in true winter time, particularly around the Christmas season, I’d have a much snowier dream destination in mind…
Now I have never been somewhere cold on holiday, never been skiing or snowboarding (despite the fact I’d love to try) and always opted for a sunbed which was very relaxing pre-toddler. Now though, my mindset is changing and I’d love more experiences and to try different things.
My ideal winter holiday would be somewhere like one of the Northern Lights Holidays for Families and what I’d love to do is have a lodge there with all the family that we could (eventually) ski in and out of and just have an amazing time. Obviously I’d love to stay for 2-3 weeks and we’d need to make it all cosy so I’d be taking some home comforts with me too.
- First thing I’d pack would be the hot chocolate, marshmallows and whipped cream – okay it would actually probably be the first thing I’d buy at the supermarket once I got out there.
- After the long cold days outside, I’d want to fall into a luxuriously soft and inviting bed, so I’d take some lush bedding with me from Julian Charles for example.
- As I said, ideally I would love to go over Christmas, so I’d be sure to take some beautiful decorations with us like the ones from John Lewis.
- I’d be making sure our lodge had a gorgeous open fire that we could warm ourselves in front of and perhaps toast marshmallows on too (the veggie ones obvs!)
- I’m going to want a long soak in a giant bubble bath after all that snowboarding so I’d take some lovely products from Lush to help ease my muscles.
- Cosy, cosy, super cosy jumpers – I mean I like all enveloping knit jumpers in winter anyway but surely they’d be even more needed for a cosy winter getaway?! I’m loving the knits in Simply Be at the moment just FYI for anyone looking at pressies!
- Throw in some deliciously decadent, warming food like steaming plates of rich stew and dumplings followed my fruit pies with lashings of cream… I may need to add stretchy waistbands too!
Finally, I’d have to take the biggest, comfiest, cosiest blanket ever so that with our hands wrapped round steaming mugs of hot chocolate, Alyssa and I could sit outside, wrapped up together and watch the twinkling stars in the sky. She’d fall asleep in my arms and I’d carry her to her bed where she’d dream of all the wonderful things she’d done that day and I would do the same – heaven!
Do you have a winter holiday dream? Where would you go?